Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School

Dylan and Mickell are both really excited to get back to school. I've been really struggling with the fact that Dylan is going to be in First Grade and that he will be gone all day. He was so excited when the first day came, and the highlight of his day was...school lunch! I do deserve the award for worst mom however, as I forgot that the first day of school was an early out day and didn't show up to pick him up! Ugh! I got a phone call from my good friend Heidi asking if I had forgotten about early out and I about died! She had noticed I wasn't there right after school and had stayed with Dylan and ended up walking him home. I was so nervous wondering if he was going to be really upset and scared to go the next day, but when he got home he bolted in the door, told me he has the best teacher ever, and went off to see what Mickell was up to. I was stunned. I can't believe how much he has grown up and matured since last year. I am ever so grateful to Heidi for watching over him though. I'm so thankful to have great friends and know that someone is watching out for my kids.

Mickell started Preschool a week after Dylan, and she was so happy this morning when she woke up and realized it was finally time! She absolutely loves school and loves her teachers Trudi and Chalese. She was excited to get dressed in some of her cute new school clothes and get her hair done cute. When we got to school to drop her off, she just ran for the door without looking back and I had to yell and beg her to wait and give me a kiss!

I am so glad that both of them love school and that they are happy, but I surely miss them while they are away. Ty isn't quite sure what to think either as it's pretty quiet around the house with just the two of us!



Dylan's first day of First Grade


I walked him to class the first day, but he hasn't looked back since


He loves his teacher Mrs. Baer and says she's the best teacher ever


Mickell's first day of Preschool



She wasn't very happy that she had to wait a whole week
after Dylan started before she got to go too


She was ready to go and there was no holding her back!

1 comment:

Beau & Lenette said...

way too cute! I LOVE Dylan's Superman backpack!